Phase 2 – Consolidating and building a sustainable system for clinical, training and research (2-5 years)
- To maintain a clinical platform at Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital (QECH), aligned with defined clinical targets, and to embed a governance structure within this service.
- To utilise metrics from MLW’s highly effective patient admission hospital event records which are integrated into QECH, for monitoring and evaluation and governance.
- Strengthening pathways beyond the stroke unit (i.e. step-down to the general ward, in-patient referral to the rehab unit, and Transient ischaemic attack (TIA) pathways, neurosurgical referrals, and community support).
- To support training of the multidisciplinary team both locally and as an exchange programme.
- To build a research platform that will continue to improve the management of stroke in this population.